The Voxel51 engineering team is thrilled to announce the general availability of FiftyOneOne 0.22.2 and FiftyOne Teams 1.4.3, which bring with them dozens of enhancements and fixes to streamline your computer vision workflows.
Wait, what’s FiftyOne?
FiftyOne is the open source machine learning toolset that enables data science teams to improve the performance of their computer vision models by helping them curate high quality datasets, evaluate models, find mistakes, visualize embeddings, and get to production faster.
What’s new in FiftyOne 0.22.2?
This release includes:
- Fixed dataset recreation across processes #3655
- Fixed the
Session.urlproperty in Colab #3645
- Fixed converting to patches in grouped datasets when sidebar filters are present #3666
- Fixed browser cache issues when upgrading #3683
- Added a
fiftyone_max_thread_pool_workersoption to the FiftyOne config #3654
- Added a
fiftyone_max_process_pool_workersoption to the FiftyOne config #3654
- Added support for directly calling
export()on patches views to export image patches #3651
- Fixed an issue where CVAT import fails when
- Use a fallback icon when an operator cannot be executed #3661
fiftyone.operators.types.FileViewnow captures content as well as filename and type of the
- Fixed issue where the
fiftyone delegated launchCLI command would print confusing errors #3694
- Added a utility for listing operators #3694
- Added a utility for checking if an operator exists #3694
- Number properties now support
maxoptions in various views and validation. #3684
- Improved validation of primitive types in operators #3685
- Fixed issue where non-required property validated as required #3701
- Fixed an issue where plugin cache was not cleared when a plugin was deleted #3700
types.FileExplorerViewby default #3656
What’s new in FiftyOne Teams 1.4.3?
Includes all updates from FiftyOne 0.22.2, plus:
General enhancements and fixes
- Improved dataset listing queries
- Improved error handling when listing datasets
- Fixed issues with offline access and auth errors requiring cookies to be cleared manually
- Reduced max export size of datasets to 100MB
- Users will now only see an operator if their role meets the required role
Check out the release notes for a full rundown of additional enhancements and bugfixes in FiftyOne Teams 1.4.3.
Get involved in the FiftyOne open source community!
If you are working on computer vision use cases and unstructured data, the FiftyOne community is for you. There are tons of ways to get involved, for example:
FiftyOne Community Slack
With over 2,000 members, the community Slack channel is a great place to interact with the FiftyOne developers and exchange solutions with machine learning engineers doing computer vision in production. Join the community: https://slack.voxel51.com/
Voxel51 sponsors 13 virtual Computer Vision Meetups and 12 AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Meetups around the world with over 16,000 members. (To join, visit the Meetup links and scroll down to find the location friendliest to your time zone.)
The Computer Vision Meetups are geared towards data scientists, machine learning engineers, and open source enthusiasts who want to expand their knowledge of computer vision and complementary technologies. We put an emphasis on open source software, and speakers who are computer vision practitioners or academics doing research in the field. Our next Meetup is happening this Thursday:
Nov 2 – AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Meetup
Register to join us on November 2, 2023:
- Exploring the Two Headed Classifier Use Case – Argo Saakyan at Veryfi
- Using AI to Test Software, Techniques and Tools – Justin Trugman at softwaretesting.ai
FiftyOne on GitHub
If you want to start contributing to the FiftyOne project resolving issues, reporting bugs or making enhancements to the Docs, check out these resources:
To make it easy to catch the highlights, every Friday we recap interesting questions and answers from Slack in Tips & Tricks blog series.
Recent blogs include:
- Concept Traversal Plugin for FiftyOne
- Reverse Image Search Plugin for FiftyOne
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Community Update
- Supercharge Your Annotation Workflow with Active Learning
- Badger: Custom GitHub Badges Made Easy
Recent video uploads include:
- FiftyOne Teams: Dataset Versioning
- FiftyOne Teams – Working with Media on AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure
- FiftyOne Teams: Collaborating on Datasets
- FiftyOne How To: Building the FiftyOne Documentation
- How to Install, Use, and Write FiftyOne Plugins