The Voxel51 engineering team is thrilled to announce the general availability of FiftyOneOne 0.22.3 and FiftyOne Teams 1.4.4, which bring with them dozens of enhancements and fixes to streamline your computer vision workflows.
Wait, what’s FiftyOne?
FiftyOne is the open source machine learning toolset that enables data science teams to improve the performance of their computer vision models by helping them curate high quality datasets, evaluate models, find mistakes, visualize embeddings, and get to production faster.
What’s new in FiftyOne 0.22.3?
- Optimized sort_by_similarity() #3733
- Fixed default fiftyone-db installs on Ubuntu 22.04, Debian, and RHEL #3675
- Fixed rendering of BooleanFields in the sample modal #3720
- Optimized the Embeddings panel #3733
- Fixed media field changes in the sample modal #3735
- Fixed sidebar reordering edge case #3753
- Fixed the Operator browser in the sample modal #3764
- Fixed 3D detections in the grid #3761
- Optimized similarity backends when performing KNN queries against their entire indexes
- Fixed performing similarity queries on filtered views in the LanceDB integration
- Fixed calling remove_from_index() on an index that uses the embeddings_field parameter
- Fixed compute_embeddings() when skip_existing=True is provided
- Fixed on_startup Operator execution #3731
- Fixed selected_labels in Operator contexts #3740
- Improved Operator placements #3742
- Fixed async generator results in delegated operations #3754
- Fixed ctx.secrets in resolve_input() #3759
What’s new in FiftyOne Teams 1.4.4?
Includes all updates from FiftyOne 0.22.3 plus:
General enhancements and fixes
- Optimized iterator operations such as export
- Improved plugin upload reliability
- Further improved dataset listing queries
- Fixed clips, frames, and patches views for grouped datasets in the App
- Fixed cloud credential initialization during deployment restarts
Check out the release notes for a full rundown of additional enhancements and bugfixes.
Get involved in the FiftyOne open source community!
If you are working on computer vision use cases and unstructured data, the FiftyOne community is for you. There are tons of ways to get involved!
FiftyOne Community Slack
With over 2,000 members, the community Slack channel is a great place to interact with the FiftyOne developers and exchange solutions with machine learning engineers doing computer vision in production. https://slack.voxel51.com/
Voxel51 sponsors 13 virtual Computer Vision Meetups and 12 AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Meetups around the world. (To join, visit the Meetup links and scroll down to find the location friendliest to your time zone.)
The Computer Vision Meetups are geared towards data scientists, machine learning engineers, and open source enthusiasts who want to expand their knowledge of computer vision and complementary technologies. We put an emphasis on open source software, and speakers who are computer vision practitioners or academics doing research in the field.
Nov 15 – FiftyOne Plugins Workshop
Register to join us on November 15, 2023.
Are you ready to take your computer vision tooling to the next level? Open source FiftyOne is the most flexible computer vision toolkit on the planet. By tapping into its builtin Plugin framework, you can extend your FiftyOne experience and streamline your workflows, building Gradio-like applications with data at their core.
From concept interpolation to image deduplication, optical character recognition, and even curating your own AI art gallery by adding generated images directly into a dataset, your imagination is the only limit. Join us to discover how you can unleash your creativity and interact with data like never before.
In the first part of the workshop we’ll cover:
- FiftyOne Plugins – what are they?
- Installing a plugin
- Creating your own Python plugin
- Python plugin tips
- Publishing your plugin
FiftyOne on GitHub
If you want to start contributing to the FiftyOne project resolving issues, reporting bugs or making enhancements to the Docs, check out these resources:
Recent blogs include:
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Tips and Tricks – Nov 3, 2023
- Recapping the AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Meetup — Nov 2, 2023
- 10 Weeks of Building FiftyOne Plugins
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Community Update – November 2023
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Tips and Tricks – Oct 30, 2023
Recent videos include:
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Plugins: Image Quality
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Plugins: Plugin for Managing Plugins
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Plugins: Semantic Document Search
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Plugins: Audio to Image
- FiftyOne Computer Vision Plugins: Zero Shot Prediction