Effective Date: October 18, 2018
● “General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)” means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
● “Personal Data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identify of that natural person.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
The Personal Data that Voxel51 collects about you falls into two general categories: (i) Personal Data that is provided to us and (ii) Personal Data we collect automatically.
Personal Data that is provided to us:
You may provide Personal Data to us through the Services. This may be done, for example, when you use the Services or when you communicate with us in any way.
When setting up an account for our Services, you will be asked to provide certain information about you such as:
• First and last name;
• Email address;
• Mailing address;
• Phone number;
• Organization name;
• Personal/organization website;
• Billing/payment information; and
• Any other information that you upload or submit to Voxel51 through the Services.
You may also provide Voxel51 with the following Personal Data:
• Images; and
• Any other additional data that you voluntarily submit to Voxel51 through the Services.
Credit cards, debit cards, or other means may be used to pay for our Services.
Personal Data we collect automatically:
When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain Personal Data by using technologies, such as cookies. We do this to help us provide the Services and to ensure that we are providing Users with the best experiences with our Services. The Personal Data we automatically collect through the Services include the following:
• IP address;
• Browser and search engine information;
• Device information;
• Usage of the Services, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
• Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons.
The third-party service providers affiliated with Voxel51 have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of this information and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. Voxel51 has no responsibility or liability for the activities of the third-party service providers used by Voxel51 to provide you with the Services.
Voxel51 uses your Personal Data to:
• provide you with the Services;
• improve our Services;
• facilitate your use of the Services and upgrades/replacements to the Services;
• compile aggregate usage statistics about our Services;
• conduct quality assurance, troubleshooting, testing, and validation;
• comply with applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies;
When you interact with our Services, each request that you make (e.g. upload data, run an analytic, download output, etc.) is logged by our servers.
Voxel51 stores your Personal Data in the following manner:
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and, through your use of the Services, you unequivocally consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data. All of your data and information is stored in separate, mutually exclusive locations in our cloud storage infrastructure. We use industry standard solutions from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon to store your data and information in the cloud.
You should be aware that we may transfer or process your Personal Data in countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different than the laws of your country, and in some cases may not be as protective.
Wherever your Personal Data is transferred, stored, or process, Voxel51 uses commercially reasonable safeguards to store and preserve the security of all information and data collected using the Services. For example, we take reasonable steps, such as requesting a unique password, to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect the information and data that you provide to us, Voxel51 cannot guarantee that the information and data used in connection with the Services will not be accessed, altered, or destroyed. Accordingly, you provide all such information and data at your own risk.
In a further effort to protect the privacy of your Personal Data, Voxel51 uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption in connection with the Services. Voxel51 does not store raw user passwords. Voxel51 may store billing/payment information either through secure third-party payment providers or internally via industry-standard PCI DSS compliant protocols. Instead, Voxel51 uses industry standard cryptographic tools to compute hashes of the passwords that are stored in our database and used for subsequent authentication. Also, we require that all user interaction with our cloud system be authenticated by a private access token tied uniquely to the user’s account.
In the event that any of your data or information, under our control, is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Voxel51 will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify the individuals whose data or information may have been compromised. Voxel51 will also take any other appropriate steps that are in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. You understand and agree that Voxel51 may continue to store your information after you cease use of the Services or disable your account.
Cookies and similar technologies
Voxel51 may share Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
• Where Voxel51 has obtained your consent;
• Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data with trusted third-party business partners is necessary to provide you with the Services (where these business partners will be given limited access to your Personal Data, as reasonably necessary, to provide you with the Services);
• Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to share Personal Data with Voxel51’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
• Where Voxel51 (or any combination of its product, services, assets, and/or businesses) has been purchased by, acquired by, or merged with a third party;
• Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
• Where your Personal Data is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
• Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
• Where Voxel51 is otherwise legally obligated to share your Personal Data.
Users’ Rights Under the GDPR:
The GDPR provides Users located in the European Economic Area (EEA) under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. If you are a User from the EEA, where we are collecting your Personal Data as a controller, our legal basis for doing so will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Accordingly, Voxel51 recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
● Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
● Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
● Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our Services and may result in closing your account.
● Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
● Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred,
● Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for historical research or statistical purposes.
● Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
Purchase or sale of Services or other assets:
Your rights, controls, and choices: You can stop Voxel51 from collecting your Personal Data by contacting Voxel51 at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that Voxel51 stop collecting your Personal Data. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser setting to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Services. You may contact Voxel51 with any requests regarding your Personal Data. Voxel51 does not honor Do Not Track requests and signals.
You can access, review, change, update, or delete your Personal Data at any time. Please note that we may impose a small fee for access and disclosure of your Personal Data where permitted under applicable law, which will be communicated to you. We do not charge you to update or remove your Personal Data.
When using the Services, you are obligated to:
Inform Voxel51 of any changes to your Personal Data, and protect the security of your username, password, and your Personal Data.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Voxel51 has shared your Personal Data with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Voxel51 at the address below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy:
The Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Voxel51 does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Voxel51 takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Services. If you are concerned that Personal Data may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Voxel51, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Voxel51’s database.
Voxel51 may include or offer third party products or services via the Services provided by Voxel51 and provide third party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Voxel51 has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties and their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Services and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Contact and Notices:
330 E. Liberty St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104